Help people pronounce “eYeka” properly.
It’s always the same!
Every time we go to a client meeting, a networking event or whenever we speak about what we do in front of friends and family, we face a problem: people don’t know how to pronounce properly our company name “eYeka”. It’s frustrating and we guess you are not entirely sure either!
And yet, there is only one way to say it.
eYeka means “The soul of the eye”. Our name is composed of two words:
- “eye” is literally the eye. Here, it means how our community of creators (you!) see brands and other items and express ideas in a visual way
- “ka” is the Egyptian representation of spiritual essence. The Ka was the “spirit” part of the human soul (still you)
As a result, eYeka is intended to be pronounced as “i-ka” (ai-k-ᴂ), just like “iPhone” or “iPad”, and not aya ka or éyéka.
People are not sure about the right way to talk about us. In the business world, it’s all about credibility and impact. Also, we want to be remembered! The worst thing that can happen is for someone to say to someone else: “I met someone, he gave me his business card but I can’t remember the name of his company…”
This is why, our identity has to be clear and distinct. We need you to cast your eye over this.
Create a design solution to help people to pronounce our name properly.
A design that most people, when reading it out loud, will say “i-ka” (ai ka).
The design solution should work graphically (i.e. websites, business cards) but also as text (i.e. e-mails, press releases).
It may involve modifying the eYeka logo, but:
- do not change the way eYeka is spelled (E Y E K A);
- keep the overall current eYeka logo (with the “Y” that stands for the people at the heart of the participation);
- stay within brand guidelines as much as possible: do not change the color of the font (cf. guidelines below), the typography, etc.
We’d love to know more about your creative thinking. Please make sure you answer the following questions about your idea:
- What is the idea behind your design?
- Why is it a good idea?
- How can this idea be translated to other forms, such as text, video, etc?
A bad idea would be to change how the word is written.
Example: transform ”eYeka” to “Aï Ka” ; “eye ka”; “EYEka”, etc. These are bad examples as they change the way our name is spelled and/or do not comply with our brand code.
- #1 奖金 € 1,000
- #2 奖金 € 500
A single-page submission (left side = your idea, right side = answers to the 3 questions).
Create a design solution that will help people to understand quickly and without any doubt, how to pronounce eYeka correctly.
- The color of the font (#222222).
- Download the logo here.
- In English.